The PSA Register is based upon one that Play Therapy UK (PTUK), has maintained since we were formed in 2000, which has now been replaced by this on-line Register.
It enables us to meet the regulatory requirements of the PSA by:
- setting and enforcing standards for entry to the Register
- managing the renewal of registration each year, known as revalidation
- investigating complaints and where necessary imposing sanctions or striking the Registrant off the Register.
Being on the PTUK Register is a good way to show your commitment to high standards and gives the public and employers confidence that the practitioner they choose is trained, qualified
and assures the quality of their work through clinical supervision and clinical governance.
The PSA will be working with the Department of Health and other Government Departments to ensure that quality assured registers are promoted as the first port of call for employers.
PTUK Members can only opt out of the Register if their grade is 'Associate' or 'Non-Practising'. Please take into account:
Trainees will be registered and may enhance their register title as they progress through their training programme.
- you may be registered for a number of titles, depending upon your qualifications and experience at no extra charge;
- if you work outside the UK you are included in the Register;
- registrants will have to comply with a few extra re-validation requirements, when they renew their membership in February 2014; these concern the logging of clinical supervision and the planning and undertaking of CPD.
For more details and the occupations/titles that we register please see the Register Description.
Entry to the PTUK AR
Requirements for registration
Back to Home Page