Welcome to the register of Play and Creative Arts Therapists
This is the first and only register, for Play Therapists, so far, to be accredited under a Programme set up in 2012 by the
Department of Health and administered by an independent body, accountable to Parliament. This means that members
of the public and employers can choose a Play Therapist, a Practitioner in Therapeutic Play Skills or a Filial Play Coach
belonging to a register accredited by the
Professional Standards Authority
, for Health and Social Care (PSA).
Accredited by and managed by Play Therapy United Kingdom
To find out more about our management click HERE
Play Therapy is effective for many emotional, behaviour and mental health problems - see list
- People on our register meet PTUK's standards for safe and effective practice. This is especially important for working with the most vulnerable client group, children.
- It enables members of the public and employers to find practitioners easily and to understand what they offer.
- It provides an assurance of high quality practice.
- It provides commissioners with additional assurance when placing contracts for services for working with children's social, emotional, behaviour and mental health problems.
- All Registrants are checked for fitness to practice at least once a month
- All Registrants must be able to produce their PTUK photo ID card to prove their Register status. Please ask to see it!